Hide the smell of marijuana
How to hide smell, marijuana. 1.Storing, 2.Smoking, 3.Growing
If you have come to this page then you most likely are looking for a good way to hide the smell of your weed. Even though it is a very fragrant scent it’s understandable that there are times you need to use discretion.
Hide Storing Marijuana Smell
- You can't disguise the smell from dogs, they’ll smell it anyway, best you can hope for is to make the dog handler think that the dog is false alerting because of food or a cat, ect.. anything that dogs get out of line for.
- Keep your weed in an airtight container such as Tupperware or a vacuum-sealed bag. One thing to be aware of is that if you touch your stash while putting it in the container then touch the outside of your container, the dogs will smell it. So, this trick may be better done with 2 people.
- Keep your marijuana in a small airtight container that is easy to hide away in a safe place. Old film canisters, mint tins or small glass jars are all great containers that can be easily slipped inside a shoe, behind books on your shelf or in the back of your spice cupboard.
- A good idea with the film canisters is to hide them in a flashlight that uses D batteries. The film canisters are about the same size as a D battery so replace one of the batteries with your canister of marijuana.
- Place your pipe in a zip-lock bag after smoking, as it retains the strongest marijuana odor. Make sure the bowl has cooled completely, then wrap it up and put it away.
- Hide your stash above where the dogs can smell it. I had a friend that ran in to a bit of bad luck, but when the dog was brought through his house his stash was hanging in a gun scabbard about 5’ off the floor. So, when the cops left he still had his quarter pound of weed.
- Keep an air freshener or two in the same place you keep your weed.
One thing I have done for shipping pounds of weed overseas.
Stick it in a box and you're good to go.
- Put the marijuana in to zip lock baggies.
- Put all the zip lock baggies into a plastic garbage bag and tie it shut.
- Take that garbage bag and wrap it in a towel dampened with ammonia.
- Put this in to another garbage bag and tie it shut.
- Then put that into another plastic garbage bag and tie it shut.
Dogs don't smell like humans do. Humans can smell a pot of stew cooking on the stove, dogs smell meat, carrots, celery, onions, etc...
Everything has pores, yes everything has pores, odor can travel through pores, it is just a matter of time.
Softer plastics have larger pores which allow the odor to pass through faster. Cellophane types of plastic have smaller pores and will stop the smell for a longer period of time.
Ever heard of someone getting busted carrying weed in their gas thank? This is why! The odor travels through the bag, then through the gas, then through the metal tank. The liquid molocules are to large to fit back through the plastic and affect the smoke.
Hide Smoking Marijuana Smell
- For smoking indoors, burn a strong incense at least five minutes before lighting up and keep it burning for at least 20 minutes afterwards.
- Lighting up a cigarette, while you smoke, will help disguise the smell and others may not be able do distinguish the bud smell from the other smoke.
- Open a window or door for a while and let the room air out. This is particularly effective if it is windy outside.
- If you like to smoke pot in the car, always keep a new and strong scented air freshener near the ash tray and the windows down.
- Take a paper towel tube, cover the end with a couple dyer sheets and use a rubber band to hold them on there. When you smoke exhale all your smoke through the tube and when the smoke comes out the other end it will smell like fresh laundry.
- Using a pipe with a lid or a sneak a toke will greatly cut down on the smell compared to smoking a joint.
- Buy and use some odor eating air freshener such as Febreze, don’t use the regular kind unless that is all your have as this will just add more smell not get rid of the pot smell.
- When you are done smoking, wash your face and hands with soap, use a little mouthwash and cologne.
- Smoke with a vaporizer as they heat the buds up to a point where the THC vaporizes and not actually burn the weed, which creates the smell.
Hide Growing Marijuana Smell
Growing marijuana can be quit smelly when it comes to the end of the bud cycle.
Not much you can do when you’re growing out doors, just watch out for nosy neighbors and try not to plant it to close to your neighbors. If they do smell it and are not cool, your busted.
- Create a negative air pressure in your room. Always run an exhaust fan and if you use an intake fan make sure it is smaller than the exhaust fan. So, the only way air is leaving the room is through the exhaust fan.
- Run your exhaust vent out your roof of the place where you have your room set up. The neighbors 2 doors down may smell it but when someone gets close to the building you are growing in there will be no smell
- Charcoal filters work well, but do have a continual cost as you have to keep replacing your filters, as they get old.
- Ionize filters work well to remove the smell from the air. If you recirculate your air and add CO2 to it this may be a good option.
- Drying your crop, put up a screen such as from a sliding glass door, and do it in your room.
There you have it, now you can smoke, store, and grow weed without having to worry about how you are going to hide the smell.
If you know of a good way that is not listed here please let me know about it, through my contact form
. All us pot heads need to stick together.